8/23/10

Costume Jewelry

When my Grandmother passed away I was given a lot of her costume jewelry.  Its been floating around in boxes for about the past 2 years.  So I finally decided to get crafty with it and this is what I made.



An old picture frame painted gold, a piece of cork board and a black piece of velvet = a beautiful piece of art!

I used straight pins on the "Clasp" part of the Brooches to help secure a few onto the board better.

Here's another shot of all the beautiful broaches she owned.  And the best part about this art is its still functionable!


(Sorry the Photos aren't the best quality!)

BTW I just painted my room, don't you just LOVE the color?

Here is a lamp I also made with some of my Grandmother's costume jewelry.


And just for cute factor... my cat SNKT playing in a pile of fabric!


And a picture of Yamcha

1 comment:

  1. How very clever of you! I love both the lamp and the framed jewelry. Such a nice idea.

    ReplyDelete