3/18/11

The day I fell in love with quilting was the day I saw this quilt. (Ok maybe not but it makes for a better story!)







I constantly return to this image, bound and determined to make it, and make it mine... but what to do.  I can't replicate the suicide one (To touch a classic, shame on me!) so after much thinking, I've decided I think I'm going to tackle Horror Films!  But what films are fitting for such an icon?  So, a list of ideas! 1) Psycho shower scene...  Could you imagine!  The iconic image of Marion Crane, Played by yours truly Sunbonnet Sue, happily showering unaware of her impending doom

2)Night of the Living Dead...  Whats scarier then a brain eat zombie?  A brain eating Sunbonnet Sue!

3) Poltregeist...  Sunbonnet Sue, eerily starring into a tv screen... LOVE IT!

This is a work in progress in my mind and on paper!  Stay tuned to see what my brain produces!

1 comment:

  1. What an awesome quilt! It took me a second to realize that it wasn't a regular Sunbonnet Sue...the one where she was hanging was the first that I realized what was going on! Too fun...and I love taking such a traditional block and turning it into something NOT traditional in any way! Kind of like how I hid a traditional Maple Leaf Block in my mom's quilt (the second one pictured) - http://www.thequiltinghermit.net/2010/12/its-been-sprint-thon.html

    As for horror films, Nightmare on Elm Street - Sunbonnet Sue chased by Sam (the boy version) with the claws. Or Scream - Sunbonnet Sue with the mask behind?

    ReplyDelete